Saturday, August 16, 2008

Thank God There's Football Again..


Assalamualaikum..

Forget the Olympics. As much as we (at the time this entry was written) are anticipating the prospect of our country's very own first Olympics gold medal, there's something glaringly missing from my life for the last couple of months.

Cue in football. After Euro 2008 finished, there was a huge void in my life that I spent the last couple of months doing unacceptable boring things such as reading, making friends and going to wedding receptions.

The new semester that commenced might pulled my attention away from football a bit. But still, there's something menacingly haunting me whenever I stared to the darkness. It was like I can see in the shadows the glimpses of Torres, Gerrard and co. passing the ball around minding their own business.

In truth, it was goals that I missed so much. A blaster 30 meters away, a diving header following a set piece, a tap-in following a string of build-up passes. That fluidity, that vision, that teamwork.

Thank god, there's football again.

2 comments:

Miss LaraLady said...

Tusuk Jelangkungggggg!!!
(buat dgn gaya sekali ok?)

Wan Chel said...

weh...
jom kita wat chelsea ngan liverpool je race tuk title..
mu dah miss point..
kita menang dua2 game...
hehehe..